This Cultural Employment Strategy (CES) is a project delivered by the Treaty 8 Tribal Association, it was funded by Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada under the Strategic Partnership Initiative and it was delivered by Western Economic Development Canada.
CES was a three-year project designed to support the Treaty 8 First Nations use of existing cultural knowledge and skills to generate sustainable employment income and business development.
By creatively exploring new employment and business opportunities that utilize First Nations’ cultural knowledge and skills, the CES project aimed to explore ways to:
- Increase employment of First Nations people;
- Increase the number of locally-owned First Nation businesses;
- Improve cross-cultural awareness and understanding;
- Strengthen the local economy; and
- Create a brighter employment future for First Nations youth.